breathe - walk - meditate
Breathwalk is a training method from the tradition of Kundalini Yoga. It combines attentive and calm walking with rhythmic and conscious breathing and meditative exercises in the open air. The Breathwalk technique is simple - but the effect is great.
On a Breathwalk on the beach of Texel
- you experience a wonderful beach walk
- you learn a lot about your breathing
- you meditate while you walk
- you are in the "here & now" with all your senses
- and in a natural way you work on an optimal mental and physical health.
In short; an accessible, practical and educational yoga class on the beach, barefoot in the Texel sand!
Are you coming along?
There is a Breathwalk every Tuesday and Thursday on the beach of Texel from 09.00 to 10.15h.
- We gather at beach pavilion Kaap Noord (Google Maps) around 8.45 a.m.
- The Breathwalk starts at 9 a.m. and ends around 10.15 a.m.
- Participation is 10 euros
- Check the Facebook-Breathwalk-page in advance, to see if there will be a Breathwalk that day!
- "Travel light", so leave your backpack with unnecessary items at home
- Experience the Breathwalk barefoot best. We store your shoes / slippers or put them in a backpack.
- You need your hands for the exercises, so make sure they are free (from water bottles, shoes, telephones, etc)
- In case of bad weather you can check if there will be a Breathwalk on the Facebook-Breathwalk-page.
- Kids are welcome. It is up to you if they are "old / wise" enough to be able to focus their attention on the lesson for 75 minutes.
Breathwalk is easy to learn, sophisticated in its design and powerful in its impact.
It revitalizes your body, mind and spirit.Kundalini Research Institute
What is Breathwalk?
Breathing and meditation exercises are good for "Body & Mind". In the hustle and bustle of daily life it is often difficult to take time for this.
But you can still enjoy the healing effect of your breath: combine breathing with another, equally natural activity - walking! If you consciously and synchronously perform breathing and walking, it immediately has a positive effect on your mental and physical health.
The technique with which you coordinate breathing and walking is called "Breathwalk". This method stems from Kundalini Yoga and was introduced to the West by Yogi Bhajan.
Breathwalk is also suitable for people who do not yet have experience with yoga.
Breathwalk in practice
Before we start walking I will give a short explanation about "breathing the right way"; how does this work, how do you do this and what are the benefits of long and deep breathing.
With this knowledge in our pocket, we set off. A Breathwalk session consists of 5 phases:
We awaken body and mind with special exercises
Conscious attention to the way you walk
Walking and breathing are coordinated. The Breathwalk starts.
You walk slower and concentrate on all your senses.
At the end we do an "Innerwalk". With this we integrate everything we have done before.
In about an hour we are back and we take the time to share experiences and / or ask questions. We then close the session together.
The apps on your phone are regularly updated.
What about taking some time to update yourself?De Chillfaktor
My name is Peter Bouma and as "De Chillfaktor" I have been giving workshops to groups and companies for a number of years. Since 2018 I live and work on the beautiful island of Texel.
On the beach of Texel I found the inspiration to organize Breathwalks. An accessible yoga class, where you learn to connect with yourself, your senses and the environment.
My way of teaching is practical, down-to-earth and with a touch of humor. I look forward to meeting you and invite you to join me on a Breathwalk!
Sat Nam 🙏
Follow Breathwalk Texel on Facebook to register and/or stay informed!